FRIDAY – Pork + Pineapple Curry (in the slow cooker)
This is a recipe from an old slow cooker book my Mum bought me years ago.
- Pork, plain flour, salt & pepper, onions, pineapple, curry powder, paprika, 1/2 pint chicken stock, red chilli, rice to serve
- Coat the pork in some flour then add all the ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours and serve with rice
Recipe taken from Real Food from your Slo-Cooker by Annette Yates + Wendy Hobson.
SATURDAY – ‘Picnic Tea’
On a Saturday, I generally do what I call a ‘picnic tea’. I just pick up random bits from the shop that I fancy! I’ll update this post with what I bought when I get back from Aldi tonight!
SUNDAY – Roast Lamb Dinner
I made this in the slow cooker a few weeks ago and it was a huge success! I finished it off in the oven for about 10 minutes on gas mark 6 and it was delicious.
I simply put a leg of lamb in my slow cooker with an inch of boiling water, cooked on low for about 8 hours.
Served up with veg, gravy and mint sauce.
MONDAY – BBQ Lamb Burritos
The reason I’m doing lamb again is so that I can use the left overs to make these, a la Jamie Oliver!
Basically you shred up your lamb and mix it with some BBQ sauce, fry off some onions and chillies, then serve with rice inside a tortilla wrap.
Recipe taken from Save with Jamie.
TUESDAY – Winter Vegetable Soup
My slow cooker is definitely making a come back for the winter this week. This is another recipe from the slow cooker book mentioned earlier.
If we have any more lamb leftover, I will make some lamb sandwiches to go with the soup… if not, we’ll just have bread!
- Onions, carrots, parsnips, celery, tinned tomatoes, plain flour, vegetable stock, salt + pepper
- Cut the veg into small cubes, coat with flour. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock; season with salt + pepper. Cook on low for 6-10 hours.
WEDNESDAY – Sweet Jacket potatoes with tuna, tomatoes & peppers
I remember my Dad making this for me once and I love the flavours.
- Fry off some onions and peppers. Add some chopped cherry tomatoes & garlic. Stir in some tinned tuna.
- Serve on baked sweet potatoes (these take about an hour on gas mark 6).
THURSDAY – Spaghetti Bolognese
Thursday is my favourite tea time – pasta night!
This week I’ve planned to make good old spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread.
What’s on your menu this week?
If you like getting inspiration from other people’s meal plans, you might be interested in my slimming world Meal Plan from a couple of weeks ago!